cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Tilak Raj Singh <tila...@gmail.com>
Subject Hosts of different subnets in same cluster or pod
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 02:59:33 GMT
Hello everyone,

I just went through the docs here
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/concepts.html

and it says that hosts in a pod or in a cluster should belong to the same
subnet.

I am using cloudstack 4.4.1 and when I tried adding host of different
subnets having the same hypervisor (KVM in my case) to a single cluster,
the operation went on successfully. Is it some error or I am understanding
the concepts wrong.

When adding hosts of a different subnet and instantiating the VMs they are
not able to access the network at all.

Can someone please help me clear out my doubts here?

Regards