cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From chinu shah <chinu2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hostname and IP address of VMs created from template.
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 02:49:44 GMT
Thank you Geoff for the response, could you give insights how will it set
automatically on guest VMs. According to the Documentation ("
https://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.2.0/html/Admin_Guide/append-displayname-vms.html"),
when we create a VM with Display name we still do not see the hostname set
as display name. We are using centos "CentOS 5.3(64-bit) no GUI
(vSphere)" provided
by cloudstack. Hypervisor type is VMWare. Does the default template miss
any scritps to set the hostname as display name. We have set the hostname
to localhost and manually stopped and rebooted but still the hostname was
not set to display name.

Regards,
Bhavin Shah
Nuage Networks