cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dan Dong <dongda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hostname and IP address of VMs created from template.
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 16:19:24 GMT
Hi, All,
  Thanks for all the info, by recreating the template following the
document, now the newly created VMs have their IP addresses set
automatically, but the hostname still keeps the hostname of  the VM from
which template is created. For CentOS, the hostname is set in the file
/etc/sysconfig/network, apparently new VMs created did not set HOSTNAME
entry from either "name" or "displayname" of the input parameter( I set
hostname to localhost as stated in the document before creating the
template).

Cheers,
Dan