cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Somesh Naidu <Somesh.Na...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: shared network vs isolated network
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:07:04 GMT
> Isn't it weird that we have to add public IP ranges for shared network on Guest NIC and
for isolated network on Public NIC? I mean why two different NIC ? in the end its public network
 traffic.

Not really. Are you saying that public and guest networks should use IPs from the same pool?
You do realize that networks and their IP ranges are categorized based on the traffic and
not the network segment.

-somesh

On Jan 30, 2015 6:42 AM, Sonali Jadhav <sonali@servercentralen.se> wrote:
Hi,

I have deployed zone with Security groups disabled. I have few doubts,

1)      For getting shared network working is it required to have zone enabled with security
groups?

2)      Why is that Public IP ranges added on Public NIC can't be used for shared network?

3)      Isn't it weird that we have to add public IP ranges for shared network on Guest NIC
and for isolated network on Public NIC? I mean why two different NIC ? in the end its public
network  traffic.
/sonali