cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Somesh Naidu <Somesh.Na...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Clearing template cache on primary storage
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 23:14:25 GMT
> Is it possible to have multiple templates that are just pointers to the existing bits
of the source template on secondary storage?
Not entirely impossible. I mean its' not going to be pointers, but if you were looking to
save time it takes to upload 20 copies, you could manually setup the templates. This requires
manual copy and DB updates. You can get a hint of what's required by looking at the script
used to prepare the secondary storage for system templates.

> However, this looks like it's just going to download the same VHD to secondary storage
multiple times, creating multiple copies of the template on disk.
I thought that's what you were looking for.

Copy template is definitely not what you are looking for, because, it is copy from on secondary
to another, doesn't involve primary storage.

Somesh
CloudPlatform Escalations
Citrix Systems, Inc.