cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Somesh Naidu <Somesh.Na...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Clearing template cache on primary storage
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 14:51:29 GMT
I do not believe there is any global config or API to achieve what you want (force template
download from secondary to primary storage for every deployment on the same storage).

An easy way to work around this would be to make 20 copies of the template (basically register
the same template 20 times with different names) and force VM deployments to use a new template
each time.

Somesh
CloudPlatform Escalations
Citrix Systems, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle Flavin [mailto:kyle.flavin@citrix.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 4:53 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Clearing template cache on primary storage

Is it possible to clear template cache on primary storage prior to VM deployment, via cloudmonkey
or some other method?  I'm doing some performance tests on one of our Cloudstack clusters
that is running Xenserver.  For testing purposes, I'd like to force the copy of the template
from secondary storage to primary storage, with each deployment on this cluster.  I'm kicking
off the vm instance deployments in batches of 20.  I want the template to be pulled down to
primary storage each time a deployment starts.

I've looked over the API and I don't see anything that quite matches what I'm looking for.
 It looks like "prepareTemplate" will allow me to cache the template on primary storage, but
I'd like to "uncache" prior to deploying a new instance: https://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/api/apidocs-4.2/root_admin/prepareTemplate.html,
and there doesn't appear to be an obvious way to do so.

Thanks,
Kyle