cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Somesh Naidu <Somesh.Na...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: System VMs not starting after host reboot
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2015 19:16:22 GMT
Hmm, if it stays that way, then we'd need to look at the mgmt. logs to find out where it's
stuck.

To recover (without analysis) I'd do the following:
a. disable the zone
b. change the status of the system VMs as stopped
c. find if there are corresponding VMs on the hypervisor running and if they are stop them
from vCenter
d. destroy these system VMs from ACS UI
e. enable the zone (this should trigger creating of new systems VMs)

If it fails again (or gets in a similar state) then of course we'd have to find the root cause
and fix it.

Somesh
CloudPlatform Escalations
Citrix Systems, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: José Egas López [mailto:joseegas@farmaenlace.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2015 10:54 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: System VMs not starting after host reboot

Hi all, I have ACS 4.3.1 winth vSphere 5.5.

The platform was really OK, but yesterday we have to give manteinance to
physical hosts.

When finished it, we powered on again the host, all seems to be ok, but the
system vms doesn't start; it shows:

VM State: starting

Agent State: Disconnected

The router VM does not start too. Wha can I do!?

Regards,

José