cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Xenserver pool HA in Cloudstack
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 15:41:33 GMT
Great, and please share your findings on this thread so anyone searching for may benefit later
etc

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Yuri Kogun [mailto:ykogun@outlook.com]
Sent: 14 January 2015 15:33
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: Xenserver pool HA in Cloudstack

Thank you,  Geoff,
I will try this later this week.

> From: geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com
> To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Xenserver pool HA in Cloudstack
> Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 15:14:04 +0000
>
> Hi Yuri,
>
> To be totally honest, I've not tested upgrading XenServer once the Pool HA has been enabled,
but I would imagine you first disable the Pool HA, then proceed with the upgrade, then re-enable
HA at the end.

> I would still set manage.xenserver.pool.master=false whilst upgrading the Pool Master.
>
> Regards
>
> Geoff Higginbottom

> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

to set manage.xenserver.pool.master=false when applying patched to the Xen cluster with pool
HA enabled ?

> Will it just be enough to unmanage the cluster in cloudstack , disable the pool HA on
the cluster and proceed with the hotfixes or should I follow the procedure described in the
documentation?

> Thank you
> Yuri

>> From: geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com
>> To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
>> Subject: RE: Xenserver pool HA in Cloudstack
>> Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 17:59:53 +0000
>>
>> Hi Somesh,
>>
>> I will be addeing appropriate info from this blog into the official CloudStack Install
Docs.

>> Regards
>>
>> Geoff Higginbottom
>>
>> D: +44 20 3603 0542 | S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447968161581
>>
>> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

the use of XenServer HA with CloudStack,

>> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack/xenserver-native-ha-with-cloudstack/
>>
>> In summary if you have installed XS62ESP1004 then you MUST start using XenServer
HA on your XenServer Clusters, if you don’t, and the Pool Master goes down, no new Pool
Master will be elected.

>> Regards
>>
>> Geoff Higginbottom
>>
>> D: +44 20 3603 0542 | S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447968161581
>>
>> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

on a blog article for www.shapeblue.com covering the correct way to configure HA in XenServer.
It's due to go live later today, I'll respond to this thread once it's live.

>> Regards
>>
>> Geoff Higginbottom
>>
>> D: +44 20 3603 0542 | S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447968161581
>>
>> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

of xenserver pool. But at some places I saw that cloudstack HA and Xenserver HA both are different
. And One shouldn't use Xenserver HA, since Cloudstack HA is by default active. Is it true?

014 | Pune, India www.servercentral.in<http://www.servercentral.in/>

>> CloudStack Software Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>

>> CloudStack Software Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>

>> CloudStack Software Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>