cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: VM showing half of the provisioned memory.
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 17:25:57 GMT
Hi Abdul,

This was something Len and I discussed a while back but I am still seeing strange behaviour
in my current 4.3.2 test system.

What I am seeing is that Windows VMs get 4x the RAM allocated to them on the Hypervisor (XenServer)
but the OS is also reporting 4x the RAM.

Linux VMs are getting 2x the RAM allocated to them on the Hypervisor (XenServer) but the VM
is still only reporting its allocated RAM.

However if I recall when I first spotted this in earlier versions, Linux VMs would actually
get LESS RAM allocated to them which sounds like what you are seeing.

I'm sure I logged this as a bug and it looks like the behaviour has changed but it is still
behaving strangely, at least on XenServer.

I'm sticking with my previous advice to Len which was to not mark Templates as Dynamically
Scalable.  As Len points out, you simply change the Template configuration and then Stop/Start
 your VMs.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com