cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From David Williams <David.Willi...@interoute.com>
Subject RE: How to reduce the size of the cloud_usage database
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 11:31:52 GMT
Hi Rohit,

Our cloud_usage database dumps are getting large and take quite a while. The cloud_usage database
is around 25 GB with more than 86 million rows.

I don't know if there are currently performance issues affecting the application.

Having a global configuration option which causes the application to delete usage related
records that are older than a specifed value would be great. An API would be great too.

Thanks,

Dave

      From: Rohit Yadav [mailto:rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com]
      Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2015 11:22
      To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
      Subject: Re: How to reduce the size of the cloud_usage database

      Hi David,

      There is no official way to reduce the size of the cloud_usage database
      as it gets populated from the cloud database.

      Can you share why you want to reduce it? Are you're facing any MySQL
      performance issues?

      If your DB size is causing problems we could work with you to develop a
      new (global) configuration option to limit size or an API to limit
      past/historic data.

      On Tuesday 06 January 2015 03:36 PM, David Williams wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > Is there an "official" procedure on how to reduce the size of the cloud_usage database?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Dave

      Regards,
      Rohit Yadav
      Software Architect, ShapeBlue
      M. +91 8826230892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com<mailto:rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
      PS. If you see any footer below, I did not add it :)

      This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for
ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.