cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Len.Bellemore@alternativenetworks.com" <Len.Bellem...@alternativenetworks.com>
Subject RE: VM showing half of the provisioned memory.
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 16:42:46 GMT
Hi Abdul,

Are you running XenServer with Dynamic Scaling enabled on your templates?

I had this issue and the only way to fix it was to disable the "Dynamically Scalable" option
on my templates, then shut down my vms (not restart) and then bring them up again.  After
that they received all of the memory. This was only on Linux machines. Windows vms are fine.

I am using ACS 4.3. It sounds like a bug to me, but not sure.

Len

---Original Message-----
From: Abdul Rasool [mailto:rasoolsam@gmail.com]
Sent: 14 January 2015 16:28
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: VM showing half of the provisioned memory.

Hi,

All the VM instances in ACS is showing half of the memory, actual provision to this particulate
VM is 2GB but instance is showing only 1GB. could you please explain me why is this happening
?

free -m
Mem:           986        977          8          0          0         25
-/+ buffers/cache:        951         35
Swap:         8001       3995       4005

Regards,
AR