cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Re: Anyone using CS to offer DRaaS?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 17:04:22 GMT
Hi,

I also dearly needed a DR feature or at least a reasonable way to hack around it, but in this
case using an actual cloud framework (Cloudstack or anything else) seemed to make life significantly
more difficult.

I am building a virt setup right now for a customer which needs DR server(s) off-site and
I ended up with vanilla KVM hypervisors and nightly "rsync --in-place" of qcow2 files. It's
a shame as the customer otherwise would have loved some of ACS features, stuff that we must
now do manually.

I do not blame ACS or anything, it's the customers' who should make their apps more cloud
friendly and take advantage of zones and such. :)

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro