cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jayapal Reddy Uradi <jayapalreddy.ur...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: problem using own shared network offering
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 05:39:53 GMT
Hi Stephan,

Can you try the same creating shared network using the API

Thanks,
Jayapal
On 12-Jan-2015, at 10:58 AM, Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelarapu@citrix.com>
 wrote:

> Hi Stephan,
>
> ACS 4.4.2 does not support external DHCP server.
>
> -Sanjeev

Zone on 4.4.2).
> What I've done:
> - adding Hosts on a tagged VLAN at switch-layer
> - creating a new "shared" guestnetwork w/ given VLAN id Here a ran into trouble due to
DHCP. One of that external hosts is (and needs to be) a DHCP/TFTP. An ACS Router also answered
to DHCP requests which it shoudn't...
> So i went further:
> - deleting that new shared guestnetwork
> - adding a "shared Network Without DHCP Service" NetworkOffering
> - trying to create that new "shared" network w/ given VLAN id w/ my own offering. <--
I'm unable to select other Offerings than the default shared and "quickcloud".
> I'm stuck here. Could someone please shed some light why I can't introduce own shared
NetworkOfferings?

> Goal is:
> That existing DHCP/TFTP should be able to kickstart baremetal hosts (as it does since
a while) and additionally particular ACS VM's on that network.