cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ian Forde <ifo...@marketo.com>
Subject Re: Cloudmonkey potential bug
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2014 10:28:26 GMT
Hi Rohit,

From a bash perspective (since I started down this path from cloudmonkey),
I think that’s a very strange feature, to be honest.  That would mean that
any search for an object’s id would have to filter API call results for an
exact match to the name.  Example:

Existing objects:
  zone: zone1
    cluster: xencluster1
    cluster: cluster1

(bash example, assuming “display = default") cloudmonkey list clusters
name=cluster1 filter=name,id

Getting the output of that command pruned down to just what I need would
be a bit of a pain, but a manageable one.

That said, from a Ruby (or any other language that can consume json
hashes) perspective, it would seem to be a “softer landing”, in that it’s
much easier to parse.  So I suppose it makes sense.  It definitely
reinforces the need to be careful with cloudmonkey though.  Thanks for the
clarification.

  -I