cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Tilak Raj Singh <tila...@gmail.com>
Subject Desktop as a service
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2014 07:08:57 GMT
Hello Everybody,

I am new to cloudstack so I dont know if I am going off the topic here. I
wished to know how to setup Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) using
cloudstack. I browsed the net and found that openstack has the capabilities
to setup this feature. Does cloudstack can be used to deploy such a
service? If yes some links for the same would be highly appreciated. Also
if cloudstack does not have that capability then is there some alternative
to this?

Another thing I wanted to know is how to instantiate virtual machines
automatically if the load is increased. Have read about load balancing and
I guess its regarding this only.

The architecture I wish to setup is to provide VDI to several users on
demand via browsers, where the compute is done on the virtual machines. Now
when suppose 10 users are simultaneously using this Virtual Desktop the
load on the VM increases so cloudstanck spawns another VM to share the load
of these 10 users to 5 each on these two VMs created. I hope my doubt is
clear.

Regards