cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ACS 4.4.1 network.throttling.rate - Advance Zone- XenServer 6.2
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 15:30:07 GMT
Motty - can you check with xen (guess that is possible, although I don't
use xen) - if the hypervisor can show you throtling rates applied - i.e. on
KVM - you can do:    virsh dumpxml guestname    - and there you can see
network throtling rates set etc... not familiar with how to see this in
XS...

And reboot VR - you need to really destroy it (reboot VPC) per my knowedge
than new one is being deployed with new network throtling rate...

On 3 December 2014 at 16:14, Motty Cruz <motty.cruz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks you all,
>
> yes I set throttling to 0 in "Global Settings". Also, Network Rate on VR
> "Offering" is set to null.
> I reboot VMs and VR on that network. All devices support 1GB, NICs,
> Switches and Hosts.
>
> I have another cluster of KVM with similar hardware and I can get 1GB
> between VMs.
>
> I don't know how to fix this issue.
>
> -Motty
>

> On 12/03/2014 05:17 AM, Pierre-Luc Dion wrote:
>
>> to disable throttling  set value to 0. Still have to restart all VR, VM
>> related..
>>
>> You should be able to max out your network capacity or VR capacity...
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 2:51 AM, Andrija Panic <andrija.panic@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Good one :)
>>> Motty, also, can you ogin to VR as I suggested, and install iperf there,
>>> and just benchmark from VR to one of the VMs ? Just to see if number
>>> differs at all.. I'm not into Xen at all - but I also guess VR for Xen
>>> has
>>> para-virtualizes drivers inside....  Just for your comparison of emulated
>>> vs para-virtualized drivers, my test case: 2 VMs (both on same physical
>>> host!) emulated intel NICs - iperf gives arround 1.2 Gbps. Same setup,
>>> virtio NICs - iperf gives 8.9Gbps - default iperf options, no tuning
>>> nothings...
>>>
>>> On 3 December 2014 at 06:16, Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlaychuk@elion.ee
>>> >
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Motty,