cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't ping/ssh any guest from a laptop attached in same vlan - guests can talk wth each other though
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 16:13:43 GMT
Papu, that is default VLAN isolation method behaviour.
ACS takes cloudbr0 - checks what physical NIC is connected to it (i.e.
eth0) and then it creates new bridges i.e. breth0-35 - with eth0.35 vlan
interface joined to bridge
so traffic from VM to internal network goes like this:   vnetXXX -->
breth0-35-->eth0.35 --(vlan tagging)-->eth0--> physical network.

There is no way to directly attach vnet to your bridge as far as I know -
at least when using VLANs.

--

Andrija Panić