cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alessandro Caviglione <c.alessan...@gmail.com>
Subject Strange instance boot issue
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2014 00:49:59 GMT
Hi guys,
I'm sorry if I submit this problem, I honestly do not think it is a fault
of CloudStack, but I do not know where to look anymore ...
For several days (up to a week ago I did not have this problem) I have
trouble creating templates and run instances.
My infrastructure is composed of CS4.4.1 and 4 XenServer 6.2 hosts.
I want to point out that the problem is not due to poor storage performance.
When I create an instance from an ISO, the installation time is greatly
increased.
When restarting the instances, for example windows VMs, they remain in the
boot about 30 minutes.
The strange thing is that when instances are started, the performances are
excellent!
What's even more strange is that trying to install a new VM directly from
XenServer, installation is fast and the boot issue when restart the VMs
does not appear and also boot is very fast (about 20/30 sec.)
In short, the problem seems to be only when the VMs are managed by
CloudStack.
I found this article and correct the BIOS of my server, even though I had
never encountered this problem until a week ago. (
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX127395)

Someone can give me some guidance?