cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Satya Narayana <nsnaray...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to download CentOS 5.5 nogui (KVM)
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 09:33:08 GMT
Hi,

My /etc/exports file contains /export
*(rw,async,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check).

A little background about what I am trying to do is as follows.

(a) I want to set up cloud on two machines. I installed Mgmt Server & NFS
on one machine with static ip 192.168.1.2 and cloud stack agent on another
machine with static ip 192.168.1.5. Both machines are connected through
crossover cable.

(b) Mgmt server node has two interfaces one wired eth0 and the other one
wireless wlan0. I can get internet access through wireless mode only and
wireless lan gets dynamic ip (e.g., 10.244.x.x) through dhcp server.

(c) Since I need to get access to internet from mgmt server node which is
bound with static ip 192.168.1.2, i configured the same node as software
router by following steps given at
http://www.linuxtechtips.com/2013/12/configure-centos-as-a-router.html

(d) Now i am able to execute wget --bind-address 192.168.1.2 www.yahoo.com
from mgmt server node successfully.

(e) Likewise for cloudstack agent node which is having 192.168.1.5 ip
address, i made mgmt server node 192.168.1.2 as default gateway. After this
I am able to ping mgmt server from cloudstack agent node using ping
-I192.168.1.5 192.168.1.2 and also able to access internet from cloudstack
agent node.

(f) I followed step e for system vm too.

After executing ssvm-check.sh from SSVM console on cloudstack agent node i
observed following output.

First DNS server is 10.244.10.11
ping 10.244.10.11
Good can ping DNS server
=======
Good: DNS resolves download.cloud.com
=========
nfs is currently mounted
Mount point is /mnt/Secstorage/8a818.....
Good: Can write to mount point
=========
Management server is 192.168.1.2
Good: Can connect to management server port 8250
==========
Good: Java process is running.

What I noticed earlier was when I executed ssvm-check script the output was
shown as NFS server is 169.254.0.110, Try manually mounting
192.168.1.2:/export/secondary
.... but in cloud.log the exception i saw was something like unable to
mount 192.168.1.2:/export/secondary......

I do not how why I am unable to reproduce the same. Now the same script
seems to work properly and the cloud.log entry is showing snapshots
directory created/exists on SECONDARY Storage.

(g) But still I am not seeing any download progress information under
status column of Templates->CentOS 5.5...no GUI (KVM) page

Regards,
Satya

--
Regds,