cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [TESTING] CloudStack 4.3.2 testing
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 21:04:40 GMT
Hi Mike,

4.4.2 is already released.

> On 10-Dec-2014, at 1:36 am, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>
> I wonder perhaps if it will be difficult for us to test two RCs (4.5.0 and
> 4.3.2) at the same time.
>
> I expect the two VOTE threads will overlap and people might not have enough
> bandwidth to devote to testing both at approximately the same time.

I understand your concern, in fact both these things including an upcoming cloudmonkey voting
process, quality discussion initiatives, automation/testing efforts are all happening around
the holiday season - but this simply shows that we’ve a great and diverse community, and
it’s good to see so many initiatives.

I think it’s certainly do-able and here’s how we grow our testing community;

- include users@, users-cn@ getting more people to help testing release(s)
- built and share a deb/rpm repository so testing upgrades and installs along with ACS is
easier for everyone (everyone is welcome to build from source but I think Jenkins is still
a better tool for building/packaging)
- 4.3.2 mainly requires regression testing efforts since it’s a bugfix release and requires
less bandwidth
- 4.5.0 will require a lot of functional testing, (new) component testing and regression testing
as it is a major release with new features, a lot of changes and a new systemvmtemplate

I’ll also build and share deb/rpm repository for 4.5.0 as soon as the RC is out and as part
of our release process we can do that so it’s easier for users and people in general to
participate without building from source (I’m not suggesting to discourage building from
source in any way).

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue