cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Any more CloudMonkey improvements you want to see?
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 08:08:08 GMT
Hi Ilya,

> On 05-Dec-2014, at 4:00 am, ilya musayev <ilya.mailing.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 1) When executing cloudmonkey in batch mode, it would be nice to provide exit codes -
but this may not be something easily done due to how cloudstack responds.

The latest CloudMonkey 5.3.0 returns non-zero exit code when a CloudStack API fails.

It would be great to discuss if there are any specific error code it should return based on
the failed API, as I don’t know which ones to use. If I know that, I should be able to easily
implement it.

On shell (not as interpreter) it prints without any color and outputs errors on stderr. Errors
are more verbose now that include any cs error code and HTTP error code with the returned
json. Any discussions on this on what/how we can improve this or any patch contributions would
be great.

> 2) One other major useful feature would be, dump all configs from one CS host as json,
import configs into another. This way configuration of new CS hosts becomes really easy.

By config, do you mean global settings? I want to keep the tool simply but I’m thinking
of refactoring CloudMonkey’s code so people can write plugins for it that could control
it’s behaviour, color/themes, output styles etc.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com