cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Erdősi Péter <f...@niif.hu>
Subject software iSCSI (debian wheezy) on Xen 6.2 + CS 4.3
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 00:02:28 GMT
Hi,

I faced with a strange problem, when configured iscsi storage one of my
VM-s.
The Vm has 2 dedicated vif (which is connected to 10GB/s NICs), and i
successfully logged in to iSCSI with them.
When I started some dd write test, it's going with 200-230MB/s (on whole
100GB size, and the VM has 4G mem, so it was not cacheing)
After that, I started read test (simple copy from multipathed block
device to /dev/null) and the read speed is around 30MB/s.

I know, it's not exactly a CS question, but may somebody faced this kind
of problem too.

(cause the LUN is 48TB, I cannot add it to CS as primary storage, or if
I do it, I need to add the whole 48T in ~2TB chunks... However if i
connect iSCSI to Xen, the read and write speed is normal...)

Thanks,
  Peter