cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Cloudmonkey 5.3.0 - problems connecting with self signed certificate.
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 17:42:33 GMT
Hi Yuri,

Thanks for sharing the analysis, I've fixed the issue on master branch
(91afdd318f4ecba13963742f4c0bf28748093ff9). This was a corner case that
I forgot to consider.

Thanks for your contribution, I'll kickstart CloudMonkey 5.3.1 bugfix
release soon but meanwhile you may download and install cloudmonkey from
the git repo's master branch.

On Wednesday 03 December 2014 10:09 PM, Yuri Kogun wrote:
> Hi Rohit
> I have tried to get the page directly from python console  with and without verify and
it worked with verify=False. So there is no problems with openssl or requests library on the
VM

> Please see the output below.
>

> Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Nov 22 2013, 12:16:22)
> [GCC 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-4)] on linux2

> raise SSLError(e, request=request)
> requests.exceptions.SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:492: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
verify failed

> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:734: InsecureRequestWarning:
Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised.
See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html
>    InsecureRequestWarning)
>

> I checked the source code on cloudmonkey and it looks like the problem is in the login
routine line 72  in the requests.py module in Cloudmonkey. The Session.post call does not
have verify parameter passed to it. I guess it will only affect users trying to login with
username/password authentication.

> def login(url, username, password, domain="/"):
>      """
>      Login and obtain a session to be used for subsequent API calls
>      Wrong username/password leads to HTTP error code 531
>      """
>      args = {}
>
>      args["command"] = 'login'
>      args["username"] = username
>      args["password"] = password
>      args["domain"] = domain
>      args["response"] = "json"
>
>      sessionkey = ''
>      session = requests.Session()
>
>      try:
>          resp = session.post(url, params=args)
>

> Best regards
> Yuri

>> Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 20:52:42 +0530
>> From: rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
>> To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Cloudmonkey 5.3.0 - problems connecting with self signed certificate.
>>
>> Hi Yuri,
>>
>> Sorry I think I missed that earlier, cloudmonkey uses requests library
>> to make HTTP/S requests; we pass the verifysslcert option to it. If
>> you've set it to false, then when making requests using "requests"
>> library/module we pass it false. You may check the python code and debug
>> why that is happening. It's a dirty fix, ideally you should make sure
>> you've valid SSL certificate.
>>
>> Check this out for reference:
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10667960/python-requests-throwing-up-sslerror
>>
>> Lastly, can you try to upgrade requests and openssl? And share any
>> further details which may help fix this issue. Thanks.
>>
>> On Wednesday 03 December 2014 07:17 PM, Yuri Kogun wrote:
>>> Thanks for reply, Rohit
>>> This is exactly what I am doing, maybe it is not clear from the previous email.
Below is the output from the log

>>> (local) 🐵> set verifysslcert false(local) 🐵> list zonesConnection
refused by server: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:492: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
verify failedError Authentication failed(local) 🐵>

>>> Below is the output from the log file:
>>> 2014-12-03 13:44:53,023 - cloudmonkey.py:398 - [DEBUG] Invalid command result:
None2014-12-03 13:46:05,404 - cloudmonkey.py:98 - [DEBUG] Loaded config fields:['profile=local',
'asyncblock=true', 'paramcompletion=true', 'history_file=/root/.cloudmonkey/history', 'cache_file=/root/.cloudmonkey/cache',
'log_file=/root/.cloudmonkey/log', 'color=true', 'prompt=(local) \xf0\x9f\x90\xb5> ', 'display=default',
'username=admin', 'domain=/', 'apikey=', 'url=https://192.168.56.11:6443/client/api', 'expires=600',
'secretkey=', 'timeout=3600', 'password=password', 'verifysslcert=false']2014-12-03 13:46:09,051
- requester.py:46 - [DEBUG] ======== START Request ========2014-12-03 13:46:09,053 - requester.py:46
- [DEBUG] Requesting command=listZones, args={}2014-12-03 13:46:09,079 - connectionpool.py:700
- [INFO] Starting new HTTPS connection (1): 192.168.56.112014-12-03 13:46:09,103 - requester.py:46
- [DEBUG] ======== END Request ========
>>> 2014-12-03 13:46:09,108 - cloudmonkey.py:398 - [DEBUG] Invalid command result:
None

>>> Best regards Yuri

turn off ssl cert checking in cloudmonkey using:

Can somebody point what I am doing wrong.
6443. When trying to connect to the server using cloudmonkey I am getting the following error

routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or
related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take
any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender
if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Rohit Yadav
>> Software Architect, ShapeBlue