cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Cloudmonkey 5.3.0 - problems connecting with self signed certificate.
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 15:22:42 GMT
Hi Yuri,

Sorry I think I missed that earlier, cloudmonkey uses requests library
to make HTTP/S requests; we pass the verifysslcert option to it. If
you've set it to false, then when making requests using "requests"
library/module we pass it false. You may check the python code and debug
why that is happening. It's a dirty fix, ideally you should make sure
you've valid SSL certificate.

Check this out for reference:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10667960/python-requests-throwing-up-sslerror

Lastly, can you try to upgrade requests and openssl? And share any
further details which may help fix this issue. Thanks.

On Wednesday 03 December 2014 07:17 PM, Yuri Kogun wrote:
> Thanks for reply,  Rohit
> This is exactly what I am doing, maybe it is not clear from the previous email. Below
is the output from the log

> (local) 🐵 > set verifysslcert false(local) 🐵 > list zonesConnection refused
by server: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:492: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
verify failedError Authentication failed(local) 🐵 >

> Below is the output from the log file:
> 2014-12-03 13:44:53,023 - cloudmonkey.py:398 - [DEBUG] Invalid command result: None2014-12-03
13:46:05,404 - cloudmonkey.py:98 - [DEBUG] Loaded config fields:['profile=local', 'asyncblock=true',
'paramcompletion=true', 'history_file=/root/.cloudmonkey/history', 'cache_file=/root/.cloudmonkey/cache',
'log_file=/root/.cloudmonkey/log', 'color=true', 'prompt=(local) \xf0\x9f\x90\xb5 > ',
'display=default', 'username=admin', 'domain=/', 'apikey=', 'url=https://192.168.56.11:6443/client/api',
'expires=600', 'secretkey=', 'timeout=3600', 'password=password', 'verifysslcert=false']2014-12-03
13:46:09,051 - requester.py:46 - [DEBUG] ======== START Request ========2014-12-03 13:46:09,053
- requester.py:46 - [DEBUG] Requesting command=listZones, args={}2014-12-03 13:46:09,079 -
connectionpool.py:700 - [INFO] Starting new HTTPS connection (1): 192.168.56.112014-12-03
13:46:09,103 - requester.py:46 - [DEBUG] ======== END Request ========
> 2014-12-03 13:46:09,108 - cloudmonkey.py:398 - [DEBUG] Invalid command result: None
>
> Best regards Yuri
>> From: rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
>> To: ykogun@outlook.com
>> CC: users@cloudstack.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Cloudmonkey 5.3.0 - problems connecting with  self signed certificate.
>> Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 13:37:11 +0000
>>
>> Hi Yuri,
>>
>> For the specific server profile, there is some issue with SSL cert. You can turn
off ssl cert checking in cloudmonkey using:

>> set verifysslcert false
>>
>> This setting is per server profile.
>>
>> This is also documented on the wiki here, for your reference:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+cloudmonkey+CLI
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>>> On 03-Dec-2014, at 7:00 pm, Yuri Kogun <ykogun@outlook.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I know this supposed to be fixed in 5.3.0 but it does not work for me. Can somebody
point what I am doing wrong.
>>> I have fresh cloudstack 4.2.1-6 setup configured to listen on https port 6443.
 When trying to connect to the server using cloudmonkey I am getting the following error

>>> ☁ Apache CloudStack 🐵 cloudmonkey 5.3.0. Type help or ? to list commands.
>>>
>>> Using management server profile: local
>>>
>>> (local) 🐵 > set url https://192.168.56.11:6443/client/api
>>> (local) 🐵 > list zones
>>> Connection refused by server: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:492: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
verify failed
>>> Error Authentication failed
>>> (local) 🐵 > set verifysslcert False
>>> (local) 🐵 > list zones
>>> Connection refused by server: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:492: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
verify failed
>>> Error Authentication failed
>>> (local) 🐵 >  cloudmonkey
>>>

>>> Best regards