cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Motty Cruz <motty.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ACS 4.4.1 network.throttling.rate - Advance Zone- XenServer 6.2
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 15:14:17 GMT
Thanks you all,

yes I set throttling to 0 in "Global Settings". Also, Network Rate on VR
"Offering" is set to null.
I reboot VMs and VR on that network. All devices support 1GB, NICs,
Switches and Hosts.

I have another cluster of KVM with similar hardware and I can get 1GB
between VMs.

I don't know how to fix this issue.

-Motty

On 12/03/2014 05:17 AM, Pierre-Luc Dion wrote:
> to disable throttling  set value to 0. Still have to restart all VR, VM
> related..
>
> You should be able to max out your network capacity or VR capacity...
>

> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 2:51 AM, Andrija Panic <andrija.panic@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Good one :)
>> Motty, also, can you ogin to VR as I suggested, and install iperf there,
>> and just benchmark from VR to one of the VMs ? Just to see if number
>> differs at all.. I'm not into Xen at all - but I also guess VR for Xen has
>> para-virtualizes drivers inside....  Just for your comparison of emulated
>> vs para-virtualized drivers, my test case: 2 VMs (both on same physical
>> host!) emulated intel NICs - iperf gives arround 1.2 Gbps. Same setup,
>> virtio NICs - iperf gives 8.9Gbps - default iperf options, no tuning
>> nothings...
>>
>> On 3 December 2014 at 06:16, Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlaychuk@elion.ee>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Motty,
>>>
>>>        I would ask even more stupid question than Andrija did --- do you
>>> have 100Mb physical network? 200Mb seems to be exactly double of this (as
>>> NIC working in full duplex) and VR and VMs may be on different hosts. So
>>> you can't physically have more than that :)
>>>
>>> Vadim

OR the
>>> Network

Zone-