cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Abhinandan Prateek <abhinandan.prat...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: System VMs not starting
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 10:10:12 GMT
The error is due to bad storage network on your Xenserver, give it another check.

-abhi

M +919701199011 | abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com<mailto:abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com>

On 08-Dec-2014, at 3:18 pm, Wikus van der Walt (RedArmour) <wvanderwalt@redarmour.co.uk<mailto:wvanderwalt@redarmour.co.uk>>
wrote:

Hi All,

I have a simple lab setup:
1 x CSMS v4.4.1 and 1 X Xen v6.2.

ccsm01 (10.10.0.16)
cXen01 (10.10.0.14-mgmt, 10.10.1.14 storage).

Xenserver network:
nic0: management (vlan 10 access port)
nic1: vlan interfaces vlans 2 (public), 11(storage), 12(guest)

I followed the guide for Xen server system VM templates and they are populated on the primary
storage NFS (10.10.1.2:/csprimary).

Attached is an output of:
grep -i -E 'exception|unable|fail|invalid|leak|warn|error' /var/log/cloudstack/management/management-server.log

This entry makes me think that my network setup is incorrect:
2014-12-08 09:41:00,204 WARN  [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-113:ctx-1b7ca6b6)
Catch Exception: class com.xensource.xenapi.Types$PifIsVlan due to You tried to create a VLAN
on top of another VLAN - use the underlying physical PIF/bond instead

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Wikus

<ccsms01log.txt>