cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Midgett" <clouds...@trick-solutions.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: Status of Root Disk Resize for XenServer
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2014 02:02:56 GMT
For anyone who can expand on this here is what I did to get the disk added to my root volume
disk .  There is two return lines between the w and the pvecreate command. Do not remove them
as it takes the double enter to use the first bit of the drive to the last bit of the drive.
Run on first boot and have it remove the script. I'd have to say that if the customer didn't
ask for a data disk it would just error and quit. Someone with some better scripting skills
could possible make it look for a un-partitioned drive and the only run the scrip if it found
one. Also it could use some variables but this will work for me until official support for
single disk and resize on XenServer.

#!/bin/bash
#
# Short script to add the unpartitioned disk to the current root volume.
fdisk -u -p /dev/xvdb <<EOF
1
8e

pvcreate /dev/xvdb1
vgextend vg_centos6 /dev/xvdb1
lvextend -l 100%FREE /dev/vg_centos6/lv_root
resize2fs /dev/mapper/vg_centos6-lv_root
EOF