cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias Müller" <matthiasmuelle...@web.de>
Subject Re: CloudStack with XenServer on single host
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2014 15:44:04 GMT
Thanks for all replies.

As Geoff said I am new to the complete topic CloudStack. I worked only with XenServer in the
past and now evaluate CloudStack which I think seems to be the better option for XenServer
as OpenStack.

Of course it should be more easier to create a VM for the management server as I also have
different XenServer and therfore the question. When I read the answers I think the only useful
way is to install CloudStack on a dedicated server or VM of a host which is not also a node
for CloudStack.

For the evaluation I will now install a CentOS host with KVM on a single dedicated server.

One small question:
I read that also Xen is an option. I can not find any information regarding Xen in the documentation,
is it official supported by CloudStack?

Thanks

Gesendet: Sonntag, 02. November 2014 um 14:32 Uhr
Von: "Rafael Weingartner" <rafaelweingartner@gmail.com>
An: "users@cloudstack.apache.org" <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: CloudStack with XenServer on single host
You are right,

I am just using this deployment, because I have an environment with more
than 1 server. We actually have 3 clusters, and we spread the system vms
(router and etc) and CS vms (database, CS1, CS2 and apache) into different
clusters.

So, if I for some odd reason I need to restart a physical server, I can
still migrate VMs before the restart.

I just presented our work around to show that it is indeed possible. But,
as a said, it can be tricky, especially if you have an environment with
just one server.

BTW: out of curiosity, if you use CS in an environment with just one
physical server, would you call it a Cloud?

Rafael Weingärtner