cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelar...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: deleted host entries still exist in /etc/dhcphost.txt and /etc/hosts on VR
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 04:16:00 GMT
Hi Yiping,

Host entries must be deleted from /etc/dhcphosts.txt and /etc/hosts file after destroying
vms. Please report a bug for this.

-Sanjeev

-----Original Message-----
From: Yiping Zhang [mailto:yzhang@marketo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 3:53 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: deleted host entries still exist in /etc/dhcphost.txt and /etc/hosts on VR

Hi,

We have noticed that entries for hosts which have been destroy for a long time still exist
in both /etc/dhcphosts.txt and /etc/hosts files on our Virtual Routers.

Is this intensional ?  If so, what's the rational for keeping old entries in DNS and DHCP
services managed by virtual routers ?

In our own environment, we have needs to make sure that destroyed hostnames should not be
resolvable. What would be the best way to achieve this goal ?

Thanks,

Yiping