cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelar...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Network setup questions.
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2014 05:30:58 GMT
Option 2 should work fine. For ISOs to register you may need to set the global setting parameter
"allowed.internal.sites" to your web server cidr.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Dong [mailto:dongdan39@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2014 2:32 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Network setup questions.

Hi, all,
  I have a simple network setup in my cloud as:
1. Management server have 2 NICs:
           em2 pointing outside with 10.0.0.100/24
           em1 pointing inside with 192.168.0.100/24 (also serves as DNS and Gateway of the
cloud) 2. One KVM hypervisor which has 1 NIC: em1 with 192.168.0.101/24 3. VMs created on
KVM hypervisor will sit on the same network of
192.168.0.0/24

My question is when I configuring em1 on the KVM hypervisor, if I configure it according to
the
guide:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/latest/hypervisor/kvm.html
The network simply get down and the host could not be accessible through ssh. The settings
is as following, for option2, network works but could not register my ISOs to the zone, so
which option to take?(NAT already configured on Management server so KVM hypervisor could
access the internet)

KVM# cat /etc/network/interfaces

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback