cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Yiping Zhang <yzh...@marketo.com>
Subject deleted host entries still exist in /etc/dhcphost.txt and /etc/hosts on VR
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2014 22:23:03 GMT
Hi,

We have noticed that entries for hosts which have been destroy for a long time still exist
in both /etc/dhcphosts.txt and /etc/hosts files on our Virtual Routers.

Is this intensional ?  If so, what’s the rational for keeping old entries in DNS and DHCP
services managed by virtual routers ?

In our own environment, we have needs to make sure that destroyed hostnames should not be
resolvable. What would be the best way to achieve this goal ?

Thanks,

Yiping