cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Brent Clark <bcl...@tendrilinc.com>
Subject What happens when you remove a disconnected host?
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2014 18:33:18 GMT
Hello everyone!

I have a question that I am finding hard to answer googling.

I have a host that has had some issues. The cloudstack-agent it was
re-installed.

It currently is in a "Disconnected" state when looking at it in the
CloudManger WebUI. It still has VMs running on it just fine. I want to
remove the host, but am unsure what will happen to the VMs running on it.

In my mind, since the manager labeled the host disconnected, I should be
able to remove the host and the VMs stay running and happy. Is that correct?

My end goal is to remove the host then add it back and everything will be
happy again.

Your help is appreciated.

--
Brent S. Clark
Senior Cloud & Infrastructure Systems Engineer

2580 55th St.  |  Boulder, Colorado 80301
www.tendrilinc.com  |  blog <http://www.tendrilinc.com/news-room/blog/>
<http://www.tendrilinc.com/>

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.
The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.