cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Adam <adam.scarce...@gmail.com>
Subject How to Upgrade Virtual Router from 4.3 to 4.4.1
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2014 23:33:22 GMT
I've performed a complete upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4.1 and followed the
instructions perfectly, but my Virtual Router will not start, nor am I able
to "upgrade" it.

I tried destroying the Virtual Router, starting any VM Instance, and
allowing CS to recreate the VR. However that didn't help. The VR still did
not start and it was still saying that it required to be upgraded.

[image: Inline image 1]
[image: Inline image 2]
[image: Inline image 3]

I know there are manual steps to finalize the systemvm upgrade, but I did
those steps:

http://cloudstack-release-notes.readthedocs.org/en/latest/upgrade/upgrade-4.3.html#manual-hofix

[root@cs-east-prod1 cloudstack-logs]# mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 174
Server version: 5.1.73-log Source distribution

Copyright (c) 2000, 2013, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
statement.

mysql> select id,name from cloud.vm_template where name =
'systemvm-kvm-4.4';
+-----+------------------+
| id  | name             |
+-----+------------------+
| 274 | systemvm-kvm-4.4 |
+-----+------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select type from cloud.vm_template where id='274';
+--------+
| type   |
+--------+
| SYSTEM |
+--------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select distinct(vm_template_id) from cloud.vm_instance where
type='ConsoleProxy' and hypervisor_type = 'KVM';
+----------------+
| vm_template_id |
+----------------+
|            274 |
+----------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select distinct(vm_template_id) from cloud.vm_instance where
type='SecondaryStorageVm' and hypervisor_type = 'KVM';
+----------------+
| vm_template_id |
+----------------+
|            274 |
+----------------+
1 row in set (0.03 sec)

mysql> select value from cloud.configuration where name =
'router.template.kvm';
| value            |
| systemvm-kvm-4.4 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)