cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jayapal Reddy Uradi <jayapalreddy.ur...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: What happens when you remove a disconnected host?
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 04:59:29 GMT
Hi,

If there is more than one host please check the vms host id. The vms might have migrated.
If not removing the host, VMs in the host will not come back. primary storage for the host
also needs to be added again.

Thanks,
Jayapal

On 03-Nov-2014, at 12:03 AM, Brent Clark <bclark@tendrilinc.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I have a question that I am finding hard to answer googling.
>
> I have a host that has had some issues. The cloudstack-agent it was
> re-installed.
>
> It currently is in a "Disconnected" state when looking at it in the
> CloudManger WebUI. It still has VMs running on it just fine. I want to
> remove the host, but am unsure what will happen to the VMs running on it.
>
> In my mind, since the manager labeled the host disconnected, I should be
> able to remove the host and the VMs stay running and happy. Is that correct?
>
> My end goal is to remove the host then add it back and everything will be
> happy again.
>
> Your help is appreciated.
>
> --
> Brent S. Clark
> Senior Cloud & Infrastructure Systems Engineer
>
> 2580 55th St.  |  Boulder, Colorado 80301
> www.tendrilinc.com  |  blog <http://www.tendrilinc.com/news-room/blog/>
> <http://www.tendrilinc.com/>
>

> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
> If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.
> Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
> Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
viruses.
> The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
email.