cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From David Williams <David.Willi...@interoute.com>
Subject Feature requests and a feature request: userid field in the vm_instance table
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 11:36:22 GMT
Hi all,

Is this mailing list the right place to raise feature requests? If so, I have a small one.

I think it would be handy if the userid of the user that created a VM was recorded in the
database in the vm_instance table. Currently, the only way I know of to find the user that
deployed a VM is by checking the logs. There's an owner field in the vm_instance table but
this seems to be the account ID of the account the user belongs to.

By being able to find the user that deployed a VM, it makes VM cleanups much easier since
you know who to contact for each VM. A similar thing in the other tables for the other resources
would be useful too when trying to cleanup networks and volumes, etc. Also, if this change
went ahead, then the API and GUI could be changed also to show the user details for the VM
when listing the VM's details.

Thanks,

Dave