cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ricky Keele <rjke...@digitalipvoice.com>
Subject Re: Hosts per cluster?
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 14:39:18 GMT
I have another question to add to that same question. Does this change
with how many cores a host would have? Example you have host with 8
cores, so 8 of those x 6 would be 48 cores running. What about with 32
cores? So 6 of those x 32 would be 192 cores. Which part determines how
many that you can have.

Ricky
On 11/13/2014 4:02 AM, Geoff Higginbottom wrote:
> If you have very busy Hosts, with lots of VMs on them, XAPI can get overloaded etc.
CloudStack communicates with the Pool Master, so the more Hosts in the Cluster, the more work
the Pool Master has to do.

> Of course it all depends on your workloads (number of VMs per Host) or Host Spec as Larger
VMs or smaller Hosts (less RAM and CPU) will result in fewer VMs per host so you could probably
run more Hosts in the Cluster etc

--
Ricky Keele
Phone:206-639-1376