cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlayc...@Elion.ee>
Subject RE: To let SSVM reach outside network.
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2014 07:23:10 GMT
Dan,

I would suggest you to use external proxy/GW to hide you network. Not the same host that contains
management server. Because if you would like to scale it up - how do you do it?? Management
server should be rather simple component of infrastructure and to put more functions on it
is a bad idea.

Anyway
1. what does "route -n" says on your SSVM ??
2. If you use KVM your bridges tag the traffic. Are you sure that it is properly handled on
your switch?? Run "arp -a" at your SSVM and see if VM "knowns" MAC of the gateway.

I do expect you put the output of route and arp here otherwise we will continue guessing.

It would be even better if you describe your network layout like on the first picture here:
http://cloudstack-administration.readthedocs.org/en/latest/networking_and_traffic.html

Vadim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Dong [mailto:dongdan39@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 5:23 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: To let SSVM reach outside network.

Hi, Vadim,
  We have to use 2 NICs on the management server as we want to hide the cloudstack cluster
behind the 10.* network, so all KVM hosts and guest VMs are in the 192.168.0.* subnet, and
they connect to the management server's internal NIC(192.168.0.100). Is it a rule that the
management server can only use one NIC? And the KVM hypersior host can reach the internet
and download packages, but SSVM running on it could not see the internet.

Cheers,
Dan