cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlayc...@Elion.ee>
Subject RE: To let SSVM reach outside network.
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2014 09:28:55 GMT
Will fix my last point - KVM should have at least 2 bridges, not necessarily interfaces - public/private.

Vadim

-----Original Message-----
From: Vadim Kimlaychuk [mailto:Vadim.Kimlaychuk@Elion.ee]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 11:21 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: To let SSVM reach outside network.

Hello Dan,

	It seems there is something wrong with your network setup and here are some places to search:
1. Why your management server has 2 NICs?  It should not work as NAT, proxy or any kind of
switch - keep this in mind.
2. SSVM normally has to have 3 interfaces (at least). One -- with public IP, one -- management
network IP and one -- link local IP. If you have separate storage network -- it may have one
more, but this is not your case. Check routing table for your SSVM with "route -n" command.
Find your default gateway. It should be public interface.
3. Did you set up KVM hypervisor network correctly? Does it have 2 interfaces like in the
setup guide? Does your hypervisor have access to internet to be able to download template?

Vadim.