cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [ACS43][MGMT Server][Load Balancing]
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2014 09:36:23 GMT
Hi,

> On 30-Oct-2014, at 2:52 pm, benoit lair <kurushi4000@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So when doing a "cloudstack-setup-databases" with "-i 192.168.0.100" i have
> to specify the vip of the netscaler ? As well i am on the first node or on
> the second node or N node ?

The -i <ip> is used as the host IP by CloudStack management server, among other things
this is especially used by systemvms to connect to mgmt server. So, if you’re load balancing
using netscaler, use the netscaler IP. Make sure to configure ports 8080, 8250 appropriately.
Make sure all the ACS mgmt servers (primary/first one and others) can connect to mysql server
from their respective IPs.

> Yes the management server was crashed, for the moment i don't have the
> access to this management server pool.
> As soon i'm getting back to this mgmt server pool, i give you more infos.
>
> I'm going to reinstall some fresh mgmt servers and give you more feedback.

Sure.

> Concerning the mgmt server log entries "Resp: Routing to peer", is it
> normal that the mgmt server is producing so much log entries with this
> message (seeing my mgmt log file growing very fast).

Since, both the management servers are loadbalancing internal calls, you’ll see these a
lot. You may plan your log storage appropriately or configure log4j xml to not log INFO/DEBUG
etc.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue