cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Tim Mackey <tmac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do primary and secondary storage must be served by different servers ?
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2014 14:20:59 GMT
What that statement means is if you explicitly define a dedicated storage
network (aka for primary storage), then that storage network can't be
pingable from the management network.  This is no different than if you
define a storage management network in XenServer directly.

Where things get a bit more complicated is with Secondary Storage which
uses a VM as a proxy to the storage.  That VM is known as SSVM, and some
details on how to debug it can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/SSVM,+templates,+Secondary+storage+troubleshooting

The net of this is that primary and secondary can definitely be on the same
file.  Things can get more complicated if you need different storage for
primary and secondary, or multipath, and for XenServer the CloudStack
storage option you might also want to look into is called PreSetup.

-tim