cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Brent Clark <bcl...@tendrilinc.com>
Subject Firewall rules being removed for running vms
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 17:02:01 GMT
Having an issue on one lf my CS heads. The CS agent running on the host
will remove firewall rules for VMs that are running. This causes the VMs to
not be reachable across the network. I have turned off the firewall, but
the agent will start it again and the process repeats hours later.

1- Does the CS agent do this on a schedule or is something happening which
results in the agent doing a clean of the rules.

2- Why is it removing the firewall rules for the VMs running. I see in the
logs that the agent runs the command "virsh list |grep i-8-198-VM|awk
'{print $3}'" which returns "running".

Thanks!
--
Brent S. Clark
Senior Cloud & Infrastructure Systems Engineer

2580 55th St.  |  Boulder, Colorado 80301
www.tendrilinc.com  |  blog <http://www.tendrilinc.com/news-room/blog/>
<http://www.tendrilinc.com/>

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.
The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.