cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Venkat Srinivasan <ven...@cliqr.com>
Subject Static NAT Public IPV4 from metadata server
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2014 19:35:29 GMT
Hello All,
I have setup cloudstack 4.4 with advanced networking and created a VPC and
a network tier. I launched a virtual machine inside this network which to
the isolated network assigned as
10.0.0.117
I acquired a new IP from the guest network , 172.16.10.110 and associated
it with this virtual machine and applied the ACLS and Iam able to connect
to this VM.
However, when  I try to get the public ip of the virtual machine from
within the VM using the metadata server

http://metadata/latest/meta-data/public-ipv4

I get the IP address of the Source NAT associated with the VPC.  I expected
the static nat IP I acquired and associated to the VM to be returned .Is
this correct ?

Anyone have any ideas ?

--

Thanks