cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From John Pletka <jple...@abraxis.com>
Subject Re: Can't add templates in cloudstack with advanced networking - No route to host
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2014 02:19:46 GMT
I had the same issue that took forever to resolve.  In the end it came down
1) Making sure your networks are labeled correctly on the compute hosts.
(XenServer for me.  run "xe list-networks" and make sure the correct xenbr0
or xenbr1 is named "cloud-public" or "cloud-private").  If they are not
labeled, there is an xe command to assign a label to them
2) In the management console go to Infrastructure / Zones /
PhysicalNetworksInBasicZone.  For the three listed (public, management,
storage), make sure you set the gateway to be "cloud-public" or
"cloud-private" as applicable
3) Destroy your two System VMs (secondary storage and console) and let them
recreate themselves
4) Log into the secondary storage using the instructions from
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/SSVM,+templates,+Secondary+storage+troubleshooting
5) Run the health check (/usr/local/cloud/systemvm/ssvm-check.sh)
6) If it fails ...
     a) Run ifconfig and do a sanity check of the IP addresses
     b) Run "route -n" and do a sanity check of the routes