cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Status: update from 4.4.0 -> 4.4.1 still broken ?
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2014 15:52:21 GMT
Hi Vadim,

See my reply in-line;

> On 27-Oct-2014, at 8:46 pm, Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlaychuk@Elion.ee> wrote:
>
> Yes, I did follow this guide.  APT does not have pre-compiled packages so I have compiled
them by myself. This is the only difference.

> cloudstack-sysvmadm  script that is mentioned in the last step has the first line as
follows:

> . /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions
>
> But there is no /etc/rc.d/  folder at my Ubuntu server. Script failed at the very beginning
so I haven't waited until VMs are going to migrate.

You’re correct. This is supposed to be CentOS/RHEL/Fedora specific. I think your upgrade
went fine it’s just this script that may need to be fixed. Can you create a ticket on CloudStack’s
JIRA? As a workaround you may try to remove this line in the script, make sure “curl" is
installed on Ubuntu and try again.

> I have downgraded back to 4.4.0 until DEB packages will be released. Problem may be there
though I have no errors building CS from the source.

I think you should be able to upgrade; until sysvmadm script is fixed so that it works on
Debian based distro, after the upgrade you may reboot or kill the existing/old 4.4.0 based
systemvms using something like a custom bash/python script or a tool like CloudMonkey or manually
if the deploy size is small.

Regards.

> Vadim.

Regards,