cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: [ACS43][MGMT Server][Load Balancing]
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2014 08:43:01 GMT
Hi Benoit

When running more than one CloudStack Management Server you need to put a load balancer in
front of them.  This load balancer (or ideally pair of HA load balancers) need to manage the
following ports

8250 - This is the port the System VMs use when communicating with the management servers,
and they use the address specified in the 'host' global settings.

8080 - Access to the Web UI

8096 (or a port of your choosing) - Optional - only required is you are using the unauthenticated
API port

You can look in the 'cloud.hosts' table in the DB and check out the 'status' and 'mgmt_server_id'
columns, the latter is the ID of the management server which is responsible for managing the
System VM or Hypervisor.

One last point, you need to ensure you have set global settings agent.lb.enable to true to
enable the load balancing of System VMs and Hypervisors across multiple Management Servers.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com