cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ricky Keele <rjke...@digitalipvoice.com>
Subject Re: Install
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 19:03:48 GMT
I have setup separate primary storage on same server but used different
IP subnet.

192.168.44.3 is eth0 on storage server
and eth1 is 192.168.2.23

when i add the secondary no issues but the primary fails to add each time.

Both are mounted from HV.

Ricky
On 10/29/2014 1:29 PM, Sam Ceylani wrote:
> you cant because host is where your system vm runs on
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Oct 29, 2014, at 2:27 PM, Ricky Keele <rjkeele@digitalipvoice.com> wrote:
>>
>> Should the system VM's be running before host is added?
>>
>> Ricky
>>> On 10/29/2014 1:24 PM, Sam Ceylani wrote:
>>> will not make any difference
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

dropping cloud database and running database creation script for creating it again, it is
typical for SSVM to show up for few seconds and shutdown (cycle) if your template is not in
place properly, basically creating vm, booting, trying to image the hard drive of SSVM from
template and finds nothing or has a problem downloading it from secondary storage and shuts
down. You may have to send us management server log under /var/log/ to see at what stage it
is failing,