cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dave Hoffman <david.hoff...@appcore.com>
Subject Re: Using cloudstack-set-guest-password with a desktop environment
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 18:55:08 GMT
I can run the script manually once I'm logged in with the original
password and it pulls in the new password without issue.

I just checked and at this time a firewall isn't even running.

On 10/02/2014 11:26 AM, Sam Ceylani wrote:
> firewall
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Oct 2, 2014, at 12:25 PM, "Dave Hoffman" <david.hoffman@appcore.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> We have a customer that has been fighting with adding the password reset script to
CentOS 6.5 running Gnome.  It is not being run on boot no matter where we have placed the
file

>> We followed the instructions on the site placing it in /etc/init.d/, making it executable
and adding it to chkconfig.  No luck.

>> Added it to /etc/gdm/init.d/Default, nothing.
>>
>> Added it to /etc/rc.local to try to get it to run after all other scripts and no
luck either.

>> Running the script manually pulls down the new password and if you log out and back
in the new password is set.

>> Has anyone else gotten this to work in CentOS with a gui (Gnome or KDE) or in Ubuntu
with Unity?