cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com>
Subject Re: upgraded to 4.4.1, management console is broken
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2014 10:41:40 GMT
Ian,

I've successfully upgraded and downgraded acs on many occasions and it works like a charm
as long as you perform the dump of cloud and cloud_usage databases and make sure you are using
systemvm for the correct release. There is no need to wipe and reinstall unless you are testing
acs and it is just quicker that way. If you are just testing, i suggest creating a base install
with your initial configuration and snapshotting the acs server, so that you can easily return
back the snapshot with a single command.

In order to login to the system vms you need to make sure you are using the Link Local IP
address. Get the information on the ssvm and retrieve the name of the host where it runs and
the Link Local IP address of the ssvm. Login to the host and run:

ssh root@<Link local ip of ssvm> -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa.cloud -p 3922

The ssh service is running on port 3922 I believe. Once logged in, find the script called
ssvm-check.sh or something like that and run it. Look for any errors, etc. If everything is
working okay, most likely you have an issue with your systemvm templates. perhaps it is still
using the template from the other release. Make sure your templates have been downloaded and
also check out the Global Settings variable router.template.<hypervisor type> , to make
sure it points to the right template. If not, change the above variable values and restart
the management server.

This should help

Andrei