cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com>
Subject Re: HA issue and Xen resets
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2014 16:40:55 GMT
Garith,

Have you used HA system offering for the vms that were running on the disconnected server?
you need to make sure they are HA enabled.

I've had a play a few months ago with XenServer 6.2 and ACS 4.2.1 and HA worked perfectly
well. I've disconnected the network (including storage network) from the host and after about
30 seconds the host was shown in Alert state. Shortly after i've seen the management server
complaining that the guest vm has stopped unexpectidly and it was automatically restarted
on another xenserver.

What I haven't checked is what happened to the disconnected server. I have been side tracked
and never checked. I think the default behaviour of the XenServer should be the host server
restart. This makes sure that all vms are stopped. Can someone confirm this please?

thanks

Andrei