cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sam Ceylani <sam.ceyl...@mistercertified.com>
Subject Re: Using cloudstack-set-guest-password with a desktop environment
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 23:44:26 GMT
I replied to your email about script ending with .sh and I fixed the problem with removing
.sh extension from script and placing it under /etc/init.d folder, I used "chkconfig cloud-password-script
on" ( I dont remember the script name) and service installed fine, I had to adjust firewall
port also to make sure it communicates with VR and made sure script runs before most of the
other services,

Hope this helps,

Sam

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 2, 2014, at 2:55 PM, "Dave Hoffman" <david.hoffman@appcore.com> wrote:
>
> I can run the script manually once I'm logged in with the original password and it pulls
in the new password without issue.

> I just checked and at this time a firewall isn't even running.
>
>> On 10/02/2014 11:26 AM, Sam Ceylani wrote:
>> firewall
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Oct 2, 2014, at 12:25 PM, "Dave Hoffman" <david.hoffman@appcore.com>
wrote:

>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> We have a customer that has been fighting with adding the password reset script
to CentOS 6.5 running Gnome.  It is not being run on boot no matter where we have placed the
file

>>> We followed the instructions on the site placing it in /etc/init.d/, making it
executable and adding it to chkconfig.  No luck.

>>> Added it to /etc/gdm/init.d/Default, nothing.
>>>
>>> Added it to /etc/rc.local to try to get it to run after all other scripts and
no luck either.

>>> Running the script manually pulls down the new password and if you log out and
back in the new password is set.

>>> Has anyone else gotten this to work in CentOS with a gui (Gnome or KDE) or in
Ubuntu with Unity?